Mobile Application Engineer
Location: Bristol or London office affiliation
Mobile Application Engineer - Bristol
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Mobile Application Engineer with plenty of experience of working on new and legacy mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms to help drive, deliver projects across a large programme of exciting technical work.
This role is a great opportunity to get your teeth into an exciting, enterprise-level application that we have built from scratch as part of a Europe-wide IoT system and help drive and deliver new features and functionality.
We need someone with experience integrating with enterprise-level software and smaller-scale solutions alike and the ability to solve problems you may not have encountered before in a considered, intelligent manner.
Day to day, we’d expect you to be carrying out the below activities as part of your job:
- Help shape and define the standards for mobile application development in the engineering team
- Designing and developing mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Contributing to improving our ways of working and processes
- Exploring and encouraging the use of contemporary technologies and approaches
- Feeding in to estimates for projects
- Communicating complex scenarios and outcomes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solving interesting problems of all shapes and sizes
- Working effectively in a multi-supplier environment
We need you to be comfortable with the below:
- Developing commercial mobile applications for iOS & Android
- Objective-C and/or Swift
- React Native
- JS/React JS
Bonus points if you also have specific experience with:
- Worked with native bridge in react native
- Progressive Web Apps
Tech aside, these characteristics are very important to us:
- Great problem solver
- Enthusiasm for what you do
- Be able to give and receive feedback with an open mind
- Passionate about the quality of the end product
- Have good awareness of industry trends, best practices and standards
- Adaptable at the pace of an agency
- Be able to take on the challenge of learning new tools and frameworks
- To own your place in the team and help to continuously improve the engineering team for everyone
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.