Delivery Manager (maternity cover)
About the role
We're looking for a Delivery Manager to join our team for a 12-month maternity cover. Delivery Managers are the backbone of project success here at Great State. We pride ourselves on delivering beautiful websites, apps, and technology solutions with inspired content and elegant user experience at the core. We work with clients such as Honda, The Royal Navy, Adidas, and Unilever to transform their digital offerings and capabilities. You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, from a quality, timing and commercial perspective, and work closely with the client, the Great State client relationship owner (Client Partner or Delivery Lead) and the wider internal teams.
Reporting to one of our Delivery Leads, you will ensure that your projects are on track, utilising the most effective mix of skills and the most appropriate process and tools. As the day to day contact with our clients, the Delivery Manager needs to exercise tact and diplomacy, and understand the clients’ issues and needs – while at the same time protecting the interests of the business.
With a natural interest in technological innovation, a highly skilled team of experts around you and a healthy training plan, you will succeed in keeping our client brands relevant in a connected world. In addition to an excellent salary, Great State offers a wide range of benefits and a fantastic team of people to work, learn and play with.
- Coach multi-disciplinary delivery teams to deliver projects and products and identify ways to improve project delivery
- Develop relationships with your clients and work collaboratively with the Great State London and Bristol teams
- Lead the collaborative planning process with the team and the client’s Product (or Project) Owner to define the roadmap and requirements for projects, and collaborate with the team to translate these into user stories which are clear and actionable to the team and client
- Create and develop commercial project scopes and Statements of Work, estimates and timelines
- Manage project commercials and financials following internal processes and governance, reporting and escalating risks
- Working with the AD or Delivery Lead, identify wider commercial opportunities – i.e. additional scope to the existing project or new opportunities that may come up in discussions with client
- Agree appropriate tools for managing the project delivery, team and communications (internally and with the client)
- Facilitate team ceremonies including stand ups, planning, demos and retrospectives
- With the Production Manager, ensure that the correct capability and capacity are available for the team
- Understand technical approach, constraints, dependencies and risks
- Manage any third-party relationships and dependencies
- Ensure that all product deliveries are delivered to the appropriate level of quality, ensuring that the process is followed with regards to ISO compliance
- Actively participate in sharing and applying skills and knowledge to bring about best practice and innovation
- 3+ years’ experience managing digital development projects with budgets of £100k+, including website builds, app development (and ideally across additional types of creative and technical development projects)
- Proven track record in delivering to different project management methods, with a focus on agile methodologies
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and solid experience of project management software and tools such as MS Project or Smartsheet
- Strong experience of commercial management of project budgets including estimating/planning resources, developing/managing budgets, and writing relevant project documentation
- Skilled at managing internal and client stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes – agency experience is essential
- Strong all-round communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to think calmly, clearly and objectively to resolve challenges
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Natural leader and facilitator who can encourage the team members to be the best they can be
- Charismatic and open personality
- “People” person
- Curious, passion for digital and the application of technology
- Ability to coach and support and not resort to top down management techniques (team player)
- Problem-solving, analytical, fair, and objective
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.